Subject: Re: Using partitions and better package selection/installation
To: Daniel Eggert <eggert@macvaerk.dtu.dk>
From: Srinivasa Kanduru <ksraghavan@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/30/2003 19:12:10
Thanks a lot for the help for all those who responded.

I pretty much got answers for my questions.
mbrlabel lists out all the partitions which may not retain the same ordering as
the partitions on the device.

Looks like linux ext2fs is fully supported (rw), whereas the latest ufs
filesystem on FreeBSD 5.1 is not supported, [not even ro though it mounts].
Maybe this is a known issue.

# ls /mnt/*
ls: /mnt/boot: Invalid argument
ls: /mnt/dev: Invalid argument
ls: /mnt/dist: Invalid argument
ls: /mnt/etc: Invalid argument
ls: /mnt/mnt: Invalid argument
ls: /mnt/proc: Invalid argument
ls: /mnt/root: Invalid argument
ls: /mnt/sbin: Invalid argument
ls: /mnt/stand: Invalid argument
ls: /mnt/tmp: Invalid argument
ls: /mnt/usr: Invalid argument
ls: /mnt/var: Invalid argument
/mnt/COPYRIGHT  /mnt/compat     /mnt/home       /mnt/mbr1
/mnt/MBR        /mnt/entropy    /mnt/mbr        /mnt/sys

/mnt/bin:
[          csh        ed         link       ps         rmail      sync
cat        date       expr       ln         pwd        rmdir      tcsh
chflags    dd         getfacl    ls         rcp        setfacl    test
chio       df         hostname   mkdir      realpath   sh         unlink
chmod      domainname kenv       mv         red        sleep
cp         echo       kill       pax        rm         stty

Regards,
Srini.