Subject: Re: Sendmail on NetBSD.
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/25/2003 00:48:41
Quoting Richard Rauch (rkr@olib.org):
> Well, I twiddled some config files to get it to start delivering mail.
Well, that's vague.
> That's okay, now, after a fashion.  But, the problem is that I have
> /var/spool/clientmqueue/ full of a large number of undelivered messages.
> I can list them with "mqueue -Ac" with mailer.conf pointing to the
> sendmail binaries.  I cannot do anything else with them, though.

sendmail is no longer set uid.
So the client queue catches it then delivers to sendmail that
MUST LISTEN ON 25 (even if just localhost).

So if you can't "telnet localhost 25"  (either v4/v6 localhost),
then "sendmail -Ac -v -q" won't deliver.

Start the daemon on localhost:
#  sendmail -bd -ODaemonPortOptions=Addr=127.0.0.1
Run the queue
#  sendmail -Av -v -q

Chuck
----
sendmail, it's only hard if your stupid
(for some reason they rejected that slogan :)