Subject: Sendmail on NetBSD.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/24/2003 12:16:40
I've had a new machine up for a while, but due to some problems I was
having, it wasn't connected to the Internet, so I didn't worry that it
wasn't delivering mail to anything (not even local mail for daily/weekly
events).  (It's running -current; I think that something has changed in
-current in that regard, yes?  I can't remember having to do anything
about mail setup in the past, but then again I don't set up new machines
*that* often.  This box is running -current.)

Well, I twiddled some config files to get it to start delivering mail.
That's okay, now, after a fashion.  But, the problem is that I have
/var/spool/clientmqueue/ full of a large number of undelivered messages.
I can list them with "mqueue -Ac" with mailer.conf pointing to the
sendmail binaries.  I cannot do anything else with them, though.

Is there some command I can issue to cause them to be properly
transmitted?  (/var/log/maillog shows that they were being previously
refused at "localhost.olib.org".)

Or are they in a kind of graveyard and I just have to consider them
dead?

(Most of the messages could be discarded without loss, but there are one
or two send-prs that I sent before I noticed that mail was not going
anywhere.)