Subject: Re: 1.6.1 cdrom-install hangs
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Srinivasa Kanduru <ksraghavan@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/19/2003 15:31:08
Is there a debug version of the install kernel too which contains the symbol
information ?

I tried boot-small.fs and it booted fine and recognized the primary partitions
that I already created of FreeBSD and linux earlier. It tries to create a
disklabel in the netbsd partition and bails out with the error message ..

Set command: disklabel -r -w wd0 mydisk
wd0: Press any key to continue

Are ptys not available in boot-small.fs image ?
boot1.fs and boot2.fs combined is the same as the cd image which freezes the
system.

I used boot-tiny.fs to bypass the problem as it was doing PIOs rather than DMA
for hard disk. The installation went through with a little hitch.

The distribution sets gave an error message and it was too fast to capture the
message.

But I was able to boot from the netbsd partition, still I get this system
freeze. I guess there is an unhandled interrupt which is causing it.

If there is debug install kernel, probably I can get to the root cause of this
hang.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Srini.