Subject: Re: 1.6.1 cdrom-install hangs
To: Srinivasa Kanduru <ksraghavan@yahoo.com>
From: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/19/2003 11:33:02
Hi Shrini,

I am having almost the exact same problem, but with
the cd-rom of my i386 Compaq during the 1.6.1 install
boot.  Here is a link to my original message I posted
to the port-i386 email list:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2003/12/18/0025.html

The following error messages I get are repeated for at
least 20 times with different numbers:

pciide0:1:1: recal timed out

wd1d: device timeout reading fsbn 0 (wd1 bn0; cn 0 tn
0 sn 0), retrying

pciide0:1:1: lost interrupt
      type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0

It also mentions this once, at least:

wd1: dos partiton I/O error

Since you are having almost the same issue, I am
wondering if this could be a bug in 1.6.1.  If anyone,
else has any more info that can fix this problem, that
would be great.

Thanks,
J Silverman