Subject: 1.6.1 cdrom-install hangs
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Srinivasa Kanduru <ksraghavan@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/19/2003 10:38:41
Hi,

The 1.6.1 install kernel hangs in the initial bootup process on i386 machines
after giving the following error message

"
pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt
    type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0
pciide0:0:0: bus-master DMA error: missing interrupt, status=0x21"
[hangs here]
"

This is happening with two systems I have. One has Seagate Barracuda and the
other has Western Digital WD800.

There is an open bug filed against Netbsd 1.4 (#7807) with the above error
message, but it doesn't seem to freeze the system as it does in my case. It
prints soft interrupt error messages and proceeds further.

One of my friend also has seen this message with 1.6.1.

Is there any fix for this problem or a list of known hard disks which works ?

The ata page says that MFM, ESDI, IDE hard disks are supported.

Thanks,
Srini.