Subject: Re: Tracking user logins
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: dieter <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/17/2003 21:40:32
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Martti Kuparinen wrote:

> What is the easiest way to gather this "last login" information in to a
> single place (maybe MySQL database)? All ideas are welcome...
>
> I'm using NetBSD with MySQL, Radius, SquirrelMail, etc.

I don't know if all your services (can) use syslog vor logging, but if so,
I'd start by letting all your servers send the (relevant) logs to one
syslogd. Maybe you can also do something with a syslogd capable of
filtering (wip/syslog-ng for example) and/or with a syslogd that sends its
output to mysql. (I believe there exists a patch voor FreeBSD's syslogd
which does this).

kind regards,
dieter

--

	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley