Subject: Re: Very large file systems
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Diana Eichert <deichert@wrench.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/17/2003 11:50:10
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Heather D. Pfeiffer wrote:

> Hi.  We are running current on a new fileserver that came with a 16
> disk raid system.  I am trying to `disklabel' and `newfs' the raid
> system (configured as a RAID Level 5 - single disk system) for
> mounting on the new fileserver.  However, right now the disklabel is
> giving negative numbers for what the size of the "disk" is on the
> system.  Also, newfs talks about using FFSversion2 for over a teribit
> size disk (this is 4 teribits).
>
> If anyone has done this could they give me any hints on why disklabel
> is giving negative numbers and how to set it up?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Heather

Reading the man page at;
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?newfs++NetBSD-current

-O filesystem-format
        Select the filesystem-format
             0    4.3BSD; This option is primarily used to build
                  root file systems that can be understood by older
                  boot ROMs.
             1    FFS; normal fast-filesystem (default).
             2    UFS2; enhanced fast-filesystem (suited for more
                  than 1 Terabyte capacity, access control lists).

you might try using the -O switch