Subject: Very large file systems
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Heather D. Pfeiffer <hdp@cs.nmsu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/17/2003 11:37:49
Hi.  We are running current on a new fileserver that came with a 16
disk raid system.  I am trying to `disklabel' and `newfs' the raid
system (configured as a RAID Level 5 - single disk system) for
mounting on the new fileserver.  However, right now the disklabel is
giving negative numbers for what the size of the "disk" is on the
system.  Also, newfs talks about using FFSversion2 for over a teribit
size disk (this is 4 teribits).

If anyone has done this could they give me any hints on why disklabel
is giving negative numbers and how to set it up?

Thanks in advance!

-Heather

| Heather D. Pfeiffer               | e-mail:  hdp@cs.nmsu.edu |
| Computer Science Department       |                          |
| New Mexico State University       | Voice:   (505) 646-1150  |
| Box 30001/MSC CS                  |                          |
| Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003-8001 | FAX:     (505) 646-1002  |
| WEB: http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~hdp  |                          |