Subject: Tracking user logins
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/16/2003 12:31:32
Hi!

Let's say I have a small ISP with dialup lines. Users can dial in to get
Internet access but they can also use our services (webmail, ssh, ftp)
from the Internet.

I want to know when each user has logged in (dialup, webmail, ssh, ftp) last
time in order to know if an account has not been used for a while. As an
example, I want to remove all accounts which have not been used for 6 months.

What is the easiest way to gather this "last login" information in to a
single place (maybe MySQL database)? All ideas are welcome...

I'm using NetBSD with MySQL, Radius, SquirrelMail, etc.

Martti