Subject: NFS troubles
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <jukka-netbsd@2003.salmi.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/10/2003 15:18:42
Hi,

I'm setting up a NFS server on a NetBSD stable (1.6.2_RC3) i386 system
and having some troubles. I read exports(5) and the Diskless NetBSD
HOW-TO [1], but IMHO they are contradictory: according to the former
"a host may be specified only once for each local filesystem on the
server", while the latter lists the same host four times [2]. I think
exports(5) is right, because using the following exports file

/opt/diskless/root /opt/diskless/swap -maproot=root:wheel
/opt/diskless/usr /opt/diskless/home -ro -maproot=nobody:nobody

results in /opt/diskless/usr and /opt/diskless/home not being exprted,
and the following message is logged:

mountd[453]: "/opt/diskless/usr /opt/diskless/home -ro -maproot", line 5:
Can't change attributes for /opt/diskless/home to Default

What I want to do is to set up a some remote mount points for diskless
clients (/, /usr, /home, etc.); some of them should be read-only, and
some of them read-write. I think this should be possible... What am I
missing?

Help is appreciated!

TIA, Jukka

[1] http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/