Subject: 1.6.1 to STABLE kernel build failing
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Herzog <mherzog@acamm.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/09/2003 15:52:07
Hi All.

I am not able to build anything other than a GENERIC kernel
using cvs co -rnetbsd-1-6 source. I'm using the GENERIC32
file as my starting point, and I'm removing hardware support
for sbus since my U5 has none. If I change -anything- in
the GENERIC32 config file, the make fails. Config and make
depend do not return any errors. I tried to make -t in /usr/src
to see if it was toolchain that was tripping me up. It wasn't.

Two questions:

1. What is the best snapshot or is STABLE the best solution for
a production firewall/mailserver machine?

2. If STABLE is the way to go, how do I get from 1.6.1 to STABLE?

Thanks.

--
Matthew Herzog

acamm.org is powered by NetBSD		 :www.netbsd.org: