Subject: Housecleaning
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mauricio <supremedalek@hotpop.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/07/2003 08:35:50
         Now that I have in my closet one linux (Sun IPX, debian 3.0),
one netbsd (DEC 5000/25, netbsd 1.6.1), and one solaris (Sun SS20,
Solaris 9) box, I start wondering about keeping everybody playing
nice with each other.  For instance, take /etc/hosts: should I use
NIS/YP so I have to change only one file?  What about LDAP?  Or,
should I physically copy the file in case the machine hosting the
main file is down?  Or, should I have one machine as the internal DNS
and go from there (probably this one can be done independently from
the above issue ;)?

How about sharing files between then?  Since the SS20/Sol9 box has
the largest HD, should I just mount its /home in the other machines?
If so, NFS is the way or I can use another approach... including
perhaps even samba so I can mount the very same partition in the PCs
without having another service running?

Decisions... decisions...