Subject: Advice before I waste time...i386 kernel question
To: bsdhelp <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: bob <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/01/2003 19:33:41
I have netbsd 1.6.1 running sweet on a couple of alphas.  One has a good
PCI vga card that works just fine.
Now I am trying to take the plunge into i386 netbsd....
I have installed 1.6.1 from ISO image,  I installed it to support the
video console. BUT
upon rebooting, I have a problem with the getty missing messages.
I saw some notes from folks about this problem, and the notes said to
rebuild the kernel for serial console.
On the alpha, I can disconnect keyboard, monitor, and use serial
console, plug in the keyboard and video and mouse, and run vga console.
bottom line question - can I configure the kernel on the i386 version to
do the same thing?
thannks
bob