Subject: Re: Configuration for Wavelan Wi-fi card
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
From: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/27/2003 07:06:18
Hi J,

Well, I never compiled a kernel before.  Do know of
any documentation that I can read on how to compile a
custom kernel?

Now that you said that I might need to compile a
custom kernel and having tried almost every setting in
the bios (crashed it quite a few times too), I am
thinking that might do the trick.  I have also reread
that article "Using Wavelan under Netbsd" (
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/wavelan.html
) and it seems to confirm what you have said, except
different values were entered.  I'll try the settings
listed on the page since it claims they work with i386
machines.

Thanks for the help!
J Silverman