Subject: Re: Configuration for Wavelan Wi-fi card
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
From: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/27/2003 06:22:42
Hi J,

Thanks for the advice.  I decided to change some of
the  ISA non plug-n-play settings and allowed IRQ 4 to
be accessed.  Well, when I let it boot, it came up
with a different error message:

wi0 at pcmcia3 function 0: Lucent Technologies,
WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01

wi0: port 0x400-0x43fpcmcia3: card irq 4

wi0: command timed out, cmd=0x0

wi0: init failed

wi0: timeout in wi_seek to fce0/0; last status 8000

wi0: wi_cmd: BUSY did not clear, cmd0x21
could not get mac address, attach failed

wi0: failed to attach controller

What do you think this means?

I will also try playing around with some other
settings like you suggested and see what happens.

Thanks again,
J Silverman