Subject: Precompiled packages installation order
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Pascal MARCELIN <marcelin@wanadoo.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/27/2003 02:04:55
Hello all,

I decided to install NetBSD 1.6.1 this week. This is my first try of a UN=
*X
like OS installation and use. There will probably be many questions I'll
need to ask and hope this list is the proper one for this. Here are my
first ones:

Let's say I'd like to install gnome precompiled package as can be found o=
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.6.1/amiga/gnome/ using pgk_add=
=2E

This directory holds 134=A0packages.

Where can I get information on each one of these packages?

Where can I get the proper installation order of these packages (Gnome we=
site, for example, refers to a newer Gnome version which seems to envolve=

packages that are not present on NetBSD FTP site)?

Cordially,
Pascal MARCELIN=