Subject: Re: Configuration for Wavelan Wi-fi card
To: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/26/2003 20:40:23
* JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com> [1118 19:18]:
> Hi All,
>
> I just got my Lucent Silver 802.11b Wi-Fi PCMCIA card
> and stuck it in the SCM ISA PCMCIA card reader.  After
> the boot, I went into dmesg to see what it said about
> the card and it seems to mention an error.  Here is
> what it says about the card:

I use these on several architectures under NetBSD and they normally detect fine, and work well.

> wi0 at pcmcia2 function 0: Lucent Technologies,
> WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01
> wi0: port 0x400-0x43fpcmcia2: card irq 4
> could not get mac address, attach failed
>
> wi0: failed to attach controller

My guess is the ISA adapter card is your problem.
Google groups seems to confirm it:

http://tinyurl.com/wp34

Also there's a similar PR on it 19717:

http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=19717

--
Yeah, but you're taking the universe out of context.