Subject: Configuration for Wavelan Wi-fi card
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/26/2003 11:12:56
Hi All,

I just got my Lucent Silver 802.11b Wi-Fi PCMCIA card
and stuck it in the SCM ISA PCMCIA card reader.  After
the boot, I went into dmesg to see what it said about
the card and it seems to mention an error.  Here is
what it says about the card:

wi0 at pcmcia2 function 0: Lucent Technologies,
WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01

wi0: port 0x400-0x43fpcmcia2: card irq 4
could not get mac address, attach failed

wi0: failed to attach controller

What does this exactly mean?  And how do I set this up
to be a WAP for my Macintosh PowerBook which has an
airport extreme card in it?  I have looked at the
Using Wavelan under NetBSD page, but I am still
confused (
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/wavelan.html
).  If anyone has any help, that would be great!

Thanks,
J Silverman