Subject: Re: Flash Player with Mozilla
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni@uol.com.br>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/25/2003 18:14:28
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 November 2003 21:19, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > That's the problem. The binary Flash is linux, so the mozilla using it has
> > to be a linux binary too.
>
> Linux emulation is working fine. There is no problem in using the Linux
> version of Mozilla, even the speed is the same.
>
> But what I don't know is how to enable Flash Player to use with Mozilla. I
> remember some time ago that, if I downloaded directly from Macromedia, I must
> copy some files to ~/.mozilla directory. I've installed the pkgsrc version of
> the plugin, but with
>
> $ pkg_info -D moz-flash

That is the native open source flash. It doesn't work very good for me.

I don't think it will work with a Linux binary of mozilla either.

If using mozilla-bin then use graphics/moz-bin-flash.

I use MozillaFirebird and I just symlink or copy the couple files into
equivalent place.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/