Subject: Re: D-Link DFE-670TXD
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/24/2003 22:24:45
Hi,

it's probably enough to post the leftmost 3 bytes (6 digits) of the
ethernet address, if you're really that worried about your machine's
security. But you know - even if we had infinite time to work out
how to support your hardware, we'd still need the information needed
to do so. Or a piece of the hardware. In a lot of cases, both.

If you don't have an OS that prints out the the Ethernet address, look
onto the card (or the box that it came in); it's a 12-digit hexadecimal
string, sometimes written down with a : or - in between each pair of
digits, but you probably know this.

Regards,
	-is