Subject: Re: D-Link DFE-670TXD
To: Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/24/2003 23:19:47
On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 03:53:03PM -0600, Chris wrote:
> What does YOU knowing what MY MAC address is do for me? Either there is

I need the ethernet vendor code, that it, the first 3 bytes of the address.
This is public info. For D-link it's either 00:50:BA, 00:0D:88, 00:05:5D, or
00:80:c8. Reading the linux driver I think your is 00:80:c8.

> a fix for this, or not. If there is, point me to it. I don't need an
> explanation, I don't need someone to do it for me, just point me to
> where. I'll do the rest. Without giving anyone my MAC address.

OK. The driver source which needs to be changed is
sys/dev/pcmcia/if_ne_pcmcia.c.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>