Subject: Re: D-Link DFE-670TXD
To: Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/24/2003 22:50:31
On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 03:15:05PM -0600, Chris wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 09:11:01AM -0600, Chris wrote:
> >
> >>Here is the exact message -
> >>
> >>ne0 at pcmcia1 function 0
> >>ne0 (manf  0000149 prod 00004530) cis D-Link DFE-670TXD: can't match
> >>ethernet vendor code
> >

> >Unfortunably it doesn't say what the ethernet vendor code is.
> >Do you know the MAC address of this adapter ?
> >>From windows you can see it with ipconfig /all
> >

> Well Duh - like, I can see that.
> Yanno - I'm not so sure you're even able to help me out here.
> I mean, IPCONFIG is Windows. What the hell-o are you telling me to do

yes, of course it's windows.
The problem is: NetBSD doesn't attach the driver for the NIC.
I can probably fix that, but for this I need the etheret address of this
adapter, so that I can know its ethernet vendor code.
As NetBSD doesn't give an easy way to print it, the easiest way is to use
another OS, for which a working driver is available, to get this ethernet
address.
I don't care what OS you use, as long as you can provide me the address :)
I gave windows as an example, because it's the most likely to be installed
on a i386 laptop.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>