Subject: Re: PCMCIA Wi-fi compatibility?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/23/2003 13:38:48
Quoting JS (oghistorian@yahoo.com):
> --- Diana Eichert <deichert@wrench.com> wrote:
> > you might want to take a look at
> >
> > http://www.netgate.com/EL2511.html
> >
> > notice the comment about "NetBSD and OpenBSD support
> > through the "wi" driver"
> Thanks for the link.  However, I think I found a good
> deal with the Xircom card. I just need to know if it
> is compatible. Do you know, by any chance, that the
> card is compatible with NetBSD?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3060602154&category=45000

Dude, you've been given a pointer to a really good card.
I was about to write that into the list.

That we *know* works.  For not a ton of money.  From a small
company that's put effort into helping out people on BSD projects
(and verifying that stuff works, etc).

Or you can roll the dice and save $16 on something from eBay
after using up all your help-karma by making lots of people
follow a link that you put up (we'd care a bit more if you put
the pertinent info in your posting directly rather than making
us work to help you).

Have to return one card and you've spent the time/money that you
saved by getting something that's know to work 100%.

chuck
(replies to list).