Subject: Re: =?iso-8859-2?B?PT9pc28tODg1OS0xP1E/?=
To: None <Netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/16/2003 22:28:54
Chuck Yerkes [Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 04:17:21PM -0500]:
> Quoting David Wetzel (dave@turbocat.de):
> > is it possible to block all hosts that have "dialup" in their full qualified hostname?
>
> Yes, but...
>
> As mentioned, RBLs work better.  I block (via /etc/mail/acccess)

Just my $.25: I could not e-mail my friend, just because the administrator
blindly banned all *.tpnet.pl hosts. I don't feel responsible for the fact,
that some percent (large? small?) of tpnet.pl users are spammers and script
kiddies. I've tried to e-mail that sysadmin, but unfortunatley (yes, you
guessed it) his e-mail was also "protected" too.

Think about RBLs and some bayesian spam filter, David. Getting a few false
negatives a day is much better, than single false positive a month.

Regards,
--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl