Subject: Re: SCSI card setup
To: Steve Davidson <smd@scshome.net>
From: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/13/2003 14:51:59
Hi All,

I just got my replacement SCSI card in today.  I
slipped it in the slot and booted her up and to my
surprise the bios didn't show any error messages, and
after the main bios screen disappeared, the card's
bios screen appeared.  The card was also recognized by
NetBSD and any drive I attach to it also!

Since it is working, I would like to format the scsi
hard drive and the iomega zip drive I have attached to
it so NetBSD would recognize them as usual hard
drives. How would I go about doing that?

Thank you all again for all the troubleshooting tips!
Without them, I wouldn't have been fully sure that the
card was dead on arrival.

Thanks,
J Silverman

http://www.adaptec.com/pdfs/installation_guides/aha1540cf_ig.pdf