Subject: etcupdate failed, please advice
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Jakob Strebel <mail@teamstrebel.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/10/2003 09:52:25
Hi all,

I am not sure the posting belongs to this group. Please advice.

I did a 1.6.1 installation (formal release April 2003 i386).  After that, I
downloaded all the current sources (8.nov 2003) compiled those and did a
successful install to 1.6.1ZE (GENERIC) (8.nov.03)

After the installation process I made a etcupdate. (just etcupdate no
parameters)
This produced some errors on the screen, wich I did not note down, my fault.
Erroneously I had the screen logging not enabled. I started the logging and
did another etcupdate with no parameters, which went trough without
producing any errors.

I am skeptical that the second run was something like a empty run and did
nothing.

Question:
before I mess more up, what is the best thing to do?
(The original /etc before the update is on a tar file)

Thank you in advance looking at this subject.

jakob