Subject: Foibles of a newbe
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Mac McCaskie <mccaskie@kc.rr.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/07/2003 22:28:34
Ok Folks, I invite you to laugh along with me.

You may recall I asked a few days ago about how to set something up?

That went along OK and I advanced on to getting the machine to ping a
named address.  Got that working to!  so on to another puzzle.

How to ftp with a non-root id and place files where I want, specifically
pkgsrc so I could use it to install apache.  I gave up and ftp'd it into
a home dir then proceeded to mv the file to it's proper spot.

That sure fouled up the the file system!  I had directory's moved or
disappeared.  The FTP client failed since it's directory moved.  Other
commands failed.  I tried to put things back, but things steadily
detereriated, telnet is still up but it is hopeless.

have a good weekend!

-mac