Subject: Re: "no inodes free", but still 40% (73MB) left on disk
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/05/2003 17:35:51
On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 09:04:11PM -0500, David Forrai wrote:
> There are/were some good articles on inodes and file blocks on
> ITWorld.com.  Here's one of them:
>
> http://www.itworld.com/nl/unix_insider/02132003/

Wow, now that deserves a BIG thank you!  Exactly what I needed.  With
Jeremy's earlier reply, I think I'll be able to lick this problem.

> I think inodes are only allocated when the file systems is created.  The

It's early enough in the game that running newfs is no problem at all.
(Looks as though I'm not going to have to touch the disk label, which
pretty much would have meant going back to square one.)

Anyway, just had to say thanks.

henry