Subject: Re: "no inodes free", but still 40% (73MB) left on disk
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: David Forrai <david.forrai@gemair.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/04/2003 21:04:11
There are/were some good articles on inodes and file blocks on
ITWorld.com.  Here's one of them:

http://www.itworld.com/nl/unix_insider/02132003/

I think inodes are only allocated when the file systems is created.  The
best you may be able to do is back up what you have, recreate the file
system with more inodes, then restore from your backup.