Subject: Gnome-panel freezes after updating NetBSD-1.6.1-STABLE userland
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Palomino <zakhrin@freeshell.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/03/2003 11:01:23
--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

Hi,

 after upgrading 1.6.1-STABLE userland to weeks ago, I've got an issue =20
qith gnome-panel (Gnome v.2 from pkgsrc) which worked perfectly before. =20
Now evey time I laung a program from menu, gnome-panel starts to ask =20
99% processor, and it takes a while for the program to be launched.  If =20
I try to launch a program from a launcher button, then the hole X =20
session gets frozen, Ican switch to console mode with Ctrl-Alt-F1 and =20
kill the gnome-panel process (the one forked to launch the program) or =20
wait a couple of minutes until the session gets defrozen and the =20
program launched.

 As I'm using Enlightenment as Window Manager, I can user its menus =20
anyhow, and they work perfectly, with no processor eating. The only =20
"but" is nauitilus. If I start it, the process starts to eat processor =20
up to 99% and the program never starts in X.

 Does anyone have any idea what can be causing the problem? And how to =20
solve it? I've even tried of re-installing the system from the beganing =20
and updating the kernel and userland before even starting X, but I get =20
the same. The only error message I get from gnome panel when I launch a =20
program is:

(gnome-panel:440): Wnck-CRITICAL **: file workspace.c: line 133 =20
(wnck_workspace_get_number): assertion `WNCK_IS_WORKSPACE (space)' =20
failed

Thanks for your help.

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/--