Subject: Re: Ensoniq ES 1370 Audio PCI
To: Matti Taina <matti.taina@porofarmi.net>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/02/2003 21:46:11
--OtP8TOIcu2/MSuWQ

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 12:35:24AM +0200, Matti Taina wrote:

> I'm using 1.6.1.. maybe I'll try bleeding edge some day.

Look at the release branch not as bleeding edge, but as bug fixes and
conservative improvement. There's almost never a reason not to be running
the head of a particular release branch.

Incompatibilities and gotchas are almost never found when upgrading to the
head of the release branch, if you're already somewhere along that branch,
as you are with 1.6.1.

Think of -current as the bleeding edge, not netbsd-1-6.

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us   Oderint dum metuant!
https://bliss.dyndns.org/    awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep;

--OtP8TOIcu2/MSuWQ