Subject: Re: IPF Configuration
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Diana Eichert <deichert@wrench.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/02/2003 10:39:26
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Richard wrote:

> The connection goes up when a data transfer request is made across the
> internal network to the NetBSD box.  Such as web pages or e-mail.
> After 60 seconds of inactivity the connection goes down.  isdnd.rc is
> configured to do that.
>
> So, whatever is happening with port 500 is stopping the connection
> from going down after a 60 second delay.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Richard

OK, are the connections to port 500 coming across the ISDN link?  If so
something on the other side of the isdn circuit is attempting to initiate
an IKE session.  You are using the "idletime-outgoing" and the
"idletime-incoming" directive in the isdnd.rc file?  or just
"idletime-outgoing"?

It sounds like this is getting into an isdn connection issue and I've
never setup isdn on a NetBSD box, however it probably would help if you
posted your isdnd.rc file.