Subject: Re: IPF Configuration
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Richard <richard@sheflug.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/02/2003 17:18:58
Diana

> OK, I that's what I thought but I was getting a little lost with this
> thread.  This is a dialup ISDN connection you have running?  If so, when
> does the circuit get torn down?  After a certain amount of inactivity on
> the circuit?  Or do you actively teardown the ppp connection after you are
> done using the internet?

The connection goes up when a data transfer request is made across the
internal network to the NetBSD box.  Such as web pages or e-mail.
After 60 seconds of inactivity the connection goes down.  isdnd.rc is
configured to do that.

So, whatever is happening with port 500 is stopping the connection
from going down after a 60 second delay.

Thanks

--
Richard