Subject: "Print Screen" key on USB keyboard in X11
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael Piotrowski <mxp@dynalabs.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/02/2003 16:12:02
Hi,

I'm running NetBSD/i386 1.6.1 with the XFree86 4.2.1 that came with
it.  Both with a "native" USB keyboard and with a Y-Mouse PS/2-USB
Adapter I noticed that the "Print Screen" key is "dead" in X11, i.e.,
xev doesn't report any events when hitting it.  The key works fine in
X11 on a Linux system.

On the console,

  # wsconsctl -f /dev/wskbd1 map

yields

  keycode 70 = Print_Screen

To check whether the key is recognized on the console, I mapped it to
something visible:

  # wsconsctl -f /dev/wskbd1 -w map+='keycode 70 = X'

Hitting "Print Screen" now produces an "X", so it is available in the
console.

Is this maybe a know problem?  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                               <mxp@dynalabs.de>
Public key at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/pubkey.txt>