Subject: Re: IPF Configuration
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Richard <richard@sheflug.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/01/2003 17:30:12
Hi

Looking further into my own logs and running ipmon I can see the
following on the screen in front of me........

01/11/2003 17:45:15 619700 ippp0 @3 p 194.247.49.58 -> 194.247.41.11
PR icmp len 20 56 icmp unreach/port for 194.247.41.11,500 -
194.247.49.58,500 PR udp len 20 29 OUT

Wasn't quite sure what port 500 was and so I had a look at
/etc/services.  Turns out it's IP Sec key management.  I'm not using
IP Sec on this box or any other.     Any explanation for what this
might be about ?  I've already included the ICMP allow part of the ipf
conf that was mentioned earlier.  Any suggestions for solving it might
be good since the connection goes up and stays established once it's
got a hold.  Not good for paying the bills :)

Thanks

--
Richard