Subject: Re: kernel update releases?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+netbsd-help@bjan.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/26/2003 18:21:12
On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 11:00:51AM +1100, DG wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Having for some time used a certain other open source UNIX-like operating
> system, I have become accustomed to fairly regular kernel updates.
>
> I believe it is possible to get development kernel sources for NetBSD and
> compile them yourself, but does NetBSD have regular public releases of
> updated kernel sources?

It is possible to update your kernel sources (and, in fact, sources for
the entire OS) as often as you feel like. You can track either the
development sources (NetBSD-current) or the stable branch of NetBSD
(currently NetBSD-1.6.1_STABLE).

Complete documentation for tracking -current and _STABLE are found
respectively:

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/updating.html
--