Subject: Re: Build a Kernel
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Ibbotson <richard@sheflug.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/24/2003 17:42:19
Jeremy

> tar xvzf config.tar.gz # this should create usr.sbin/config
> tar xzf sys.tar.gz # and this should create a sys directory
>
> Maybe show what you did. So we can see the problem.

Tried dumping said files into a directory on the hard drive and also
/tmp.  Tried 'tar xvf' also 'tar xzvpf' and other things.  All that
happened was that the archives just opened up where they were.  Me
being stupid I think :)

Where should I put said archives in order to unzip into the right
place ?  Or, maybe a different tar or gzip command with other options
?  Tried gzip -dc sys.tar.gz | (cd /; xvf -) and that proved to be me
trying to be too clever when I should think more clearly.

Thanks

Richard