Subject: Multiple Internet connections
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Juuso =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E4yr=E4nen?= <juusom@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/15/2003 19:37:29
Hi,

I've got two Internet connections and I've been banging my head against the
wall with them for too many hours. No, you guessed wrong, I don't want load
balancing. What I do want is to be able to choose which connection I want to
use in different situations.

The connection I want to use by default is a 512kb/512kb ADSL and the other
one is a 2Mb/512kb ADSL which is shared with the whole house I live in(that
makes... about 90 households.) Sometimes if I download something I'd like to
use the faster connection(yes, believe it or not, the whole bandwith has so
far usually been all mine :-)

If the above mentioned is not possible, can I for example define which
connection I want to use for traffic going to specific ports, for
example so that I could use IRC with the slower connection and surf the
web with the faster one?

I also want to share the faster connection, and only that one, via ipnat to my
other machines.

I've got three interfaces, one for the internal network(rtk0) and two
for the external ones(ep0, ep1)

Did I forget something? Please forgive me, I'm new.

Thanks.

--
Juuso Mäyränen