Subject: Re: openpgp
To: Mark <mindfunk@mindfunk.net>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/30/2003 17:31:46
--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

* Mark (mindfunk@mindfunk.net) wrote:
>=20
> > > just curious: why is openpgp not in the pkgsrc tree? Has no one gotton
> > > around to it, or is there some issue?
> >
> > Exactly which OpenPGP do you want to have included in pkgsrc?
> > RFC 2440?
>=20
>=20
> There's more than one?!? Hrm. I figured this one, http://www.openpgp.org/,
> which does appear to be based on rfc 2440.
>=20
> Mebbe there is something that I'm missing here, though. Which, I guess is
> the nature of my original email.
>=20
> PS - right now, gnupg is suiting my needs. I just noticed that openpgp
> wasn't in pkgsrc.

Maybe I'm wrong, but IMO OpenPGP is just a standard and not a software
package. You can use PGP or GPG and maybe other software to create OpenPGP
conform encrypted data.

--=20
Emptiness is filling me
To the point of agony
Growing darkness taking dawn
I was me, but now He's gone      - METALLICA

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--