Subject: Re: xawtv-3.88 won't compile on NetBSD-1.6/i386
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Soren Jacobsen <snj@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/24/2003 11:00:37
On 08/24 13:17, Benjamin Walkenhorst wrote:
> Yes, I know - but since it fails to find it, it make gmake abort, too... And
> from what I understand looking at the Makefile you can tell gcc where to look
> via (g)make.

Try setting CPPFLAGS to -I/usr/pkg/include. If you're using a sh(1)-like
shell, export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/pkg/include, if you're usinc csh, setenv
CPPFLAGS -I/usr/pkg/include. Then rerun the configure script and try to
build it.

> Are there any possibilites to set system-wide variables for headers and
> libraries? (GNU/Linux has /etc/ld.so.conf for libraries; I guess this should
> be similar for NetBSD... With headers I'm not sure...)

ld.so.conf is different. That's for runtime linking, not compile time.
NetBSD supports ld.so.conf as well, but the preferred method of
specifying runtime link paths is passing -R<path> to ld. See
http://netbsd.org/Documentation/elf.html for more info.

Setting LDFLAGS to -L/usr/pkg/lib and CPPFLAGS to -I/usr/pkg/include are
about as close as one can get to what you desire. There are no
configuration files for those sort of things. Good luck.