Subject: Re: Sim City 3000 for linux on NetBSD 1.6.1 i386
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Philippe St-Jacques <eukaryote@sympatico.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/22/2003 14:44:19
I tried raising other values than kern.maxfiles, such as vm.filemax,
vm.execmax, vm.anonmax but I still get that error. any hint why I get that
error ?

	  root@p3:/home/phil/sc3u-2.0a-x86/->bin/FreeBSD/x86/loki_patch patch.dat
	  Computing MD5 sums for new uninstaller, this may take a while...
	   63%
	  ** WARNING **: open /usr/local/games/SC3U/lib/libSimGeom.so failed: Too
	  many * open files

          ERROR: Failed patch delta on /usr/local/games/SC3U/lib/libSimGeom.so

Thanks, philippe

* No, it should just work dynamically.  :-(
*
* Sorry, ask around, I'm sure someone else knows what that would mean.
* Perhaps there's something in the Linux mode that limits open files?
*