Subject: Re: sendmail with cyrus-sasl
To: Juan RP <jrp@hispabsd.org>
From: Gabriel Striewe <netbsdgs@yahoo.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/21/2003 21:58:05
Juan RP wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:10:51 +0200
>Gabriel Striewe <netbsdgs@yahoo.de> wrote:
>

>>Hello!
>>
>>How do I install sendmail with pkgsrc with sasl-support? I properly
>>installed cyrus-sasl with pkgsrc, as well.
>>

>$ make USE_SASL=YES or USE_SASL2=YES if you are using sasl2.
>
>You can put those variables on mk.conf as well, i.e
>
>$ echo "USE_SASL2=YES" >> /etc/mk.conf

I compiled sendmail anew with make USE_SASL2=YES

"pkg_info sendmail" command's output:

Information for sendmail-8.12.9nb4:

Comment:
The well known Mail Transport Agent

Requires:
cyrus-sasl>=2.1.12

Sendmail acts a unified "post office" to which all mail can be submitted.
Address interpretation is controlled by a production system, which can
parse both domain-based addressing and old-style "ad hoc" addresses.
The production system is powerful enough to rewrite addresses in the message
header to conform to the standards of a number of common target networks,
including old (NCP/RFC733) Arpanet, new (TCP/RFC822) Arpanet, UUCP, and
Phonenet. Sendmail also implements an SMTP server, message queueing, and
aliasing.
---
compiled features: INET6 TCPWRAPPERS SASL2

Homepage:
http://www.sendmail.org/
--

So sendmail seems to have SASL2-support compiled.

But why does sendmail -d0 -bt give:

Version 8.12.9
Compiled with: DNSMAP LOG MAP_REGEX MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7
		NAMED_BIND NETINET NETISO NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING SCANF
		USERDB XDEBUG

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
      (short domain name) $w = laptop
  (canonical domain name) $j = laptop.gs
         (subdomain name) $m = gs
              (node name) $k = laptop.gs

ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>

??
SASL2-support is not mentioned here.

Gabriel Striewe