Subject: Re: bochs pkgsrc snafu?
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/21/2003 10:30:56
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:05:46 +0100
David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 12:15:52AM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> > I see this trying to build bochs pkgsrc:
>
> > ../cpu/cpu.h:1832: macro `CPUID' used with just one arg
>
> Something must be including machine/specialreg.h (which is where CPUID
> gets its other definition).
>
> The easy way to find out is to add:
> #define CPUID
> to the top of devices.cc and see where the compiler objects to the
> duplicate definition.
>
> My running system isn't quite current enough to reproduce the error.
>
> 	David

As of a couple weeks ago, bochs wouldn't compile under current because a
CPUID macro has been added to one of the system header files. Bochs also
defines a macro CPUID. After doing "make patch" in pkgsrc/emulators/bochs,
changing all instances, about 5 as I recall, of CPUID in the patches bochs
source to BOCHSCPUID did the trick for me. I'm sure there's a more elegant
way to do this, which is why I did not submit a patch via GNATS.

--
Harry Waddell
Caravan Electronic Publishing