Subject: Re: postfix new?
To: Axel Gerster <gerster@in.tum.de>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/21/2003 09:17:43
Axel Gerster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to install postfix with pcre and mysql support on my NetBSD
> 1.6.1 Box. Unfortunately does the postfix in the default
> install support neither nor. Can someone PLEASE explain to me, how to
> get the version from pkgsrc running without colliding
> with the postfix from the default install. (Especially with the
> /etc/rc.d/postfix start script).

I use the stardard /etc/rc.d/postfix script but I instruct it to use
postfix from /usr/pkg...

# grep POSTFIX /etc/mk.conf
POSTFIX_USE_PCRE=YES

# cd /usr/pkgsrc/mail/postfix
# make install clean clean-depends

# grep postfix /etc/rc.conf
postfix=YES

# cat /etc/rc.conf.d/postfix
required_files='/usr/pkg/etc/postfix/main.cf'
start_cmd='/usr/pkg/sbin/postfix start'
stop_cmd='/usr/pkg/sbin/postfix stop'
reload_cmd='/usr/pkg/sbin/postfix reload'

I also disable the built-in postfix so I can't use it. Now the
only post* command in PATH is in /usr/pkg/sbin.

# chmod 000 /usr/sbin/post*
# postconf | grep mail_version
mail_version = 2.0.13

Martti