Subject: Re: Reading files from a NetBSD drive?
To: None <dmelton@banzuke.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/19/2003 17:24:18
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 dmelton@banzuke.com wrote:

> even ask this question, but is there a way to put a
> BSD drive into a Win2000 machine and read the files from
> it?  I only ask because I'd rather not spend the time
> and effort to fix the old machine just to copy some files,
> if there's a quicker and easier way to do it.

I'd guess the LiveCD from the NetBSD ftp site may work for this. (I have
not used it.)

My NetBSD Live CDs should also work fine. If it can't write to your native
filesystem, you could always get a network connection up and transfer to
another system. If you need my Live CD, ask me off-list and I'll make it
available to download for you.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/

(Once, I have used my live cd to transfer many files from NTFS on a dead
Windows XP laptop.)