Subject: Simple routing question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/19/2003 17:24:48
Hi, I have two ethernet interfaces fxp0 and epic0

I have fxp0 talking to the outside world, so in rc.conf I have:

defaultroute="209.66.89.169"

ifconfig.fxp0 is:

up
209.66.89.170 netmask 0xfffffff8 media autoselect

and ifconfig.epic0 is:

up
209.66.104.1 netmask 0xfffffc00 media autoselect
alias 209.66.104.2
alias 209.66.104.3
alias 209.66.104.4
alias 209.66.104.5
alias 209.66.104.6
alias 209.66.104.7
alias 209.66.104.8
alias 209.66.104.9
alias 209.66.104.10
alias 209.66.104.11

(it responds to a lot of IP addresses)

It properly responds to all these addresses from anywhere on the Internet.

Anyway, my local net is on epic0 and I have machines connected to this
interface.  The machines connected on this net do NOT respond from anywhere
on the internet; the only way I can access them is by logging onto this
gateway machine, then logging into a machine hanging off this local net.

How do I get packets to route between the interfaces?  I started (manually)
routed but that didn't seem to do it.

Thanks!  -Mike