Subject: Re: HTML browser
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Hume Smith <hclsmith@yahoo.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/13/2003 16:47:59
On Sunday August 10, 2003 07:23 am, you wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 14:42:44 -0300, Hume Smith <hclsmith@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > IMO PDF is just a hamhanded attempt to lock people to Winduhs.
>
> Quite the opposite.  PDF is a published format available on most operating
> systems, written by Microsoft's font technology rival.

also true of Postscript, but so far the only PDF viewer i know that works
right is Winduhs-based.

Someone said - can't find the msg - that a problem with PS is that it's a
programming language. I admit that's why i keep JavaScript turned off and
don't fret about a lack of Java engine. But i do wonder why PS gets dumped on
for having the same failing as the browsers ...