Subject: ACCEPTABLE_PACKAGES
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: D. E. Evans <sinuhe@xmission.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/10/2003 11:26:38
How do I govern more carefully (if not specifically) the licenses
that are acceptable?  For instance, the openmotif package is
automatically governed as acceptable.  Though I have configured
the motif default as lesstif, which covers my choice in this
regard, motif is still installable, and I cannot find an
ACCEPTABLE_LICENSE entry that governs the license used by this
package.

Is there a list of default licenses in the pkgsrc that are
automatically accepted?  The default.mk file simply lists BSD/CMU
and GPL style licenses.  However, the openmotif license does not
allow for commercial distribution of modified source, therefore I
would not consider it a BSD or GPL style license.
--
D. E. Evans <sinuhe@xmission.com>
<http://www.xmission.com/~sinuhe>