Subject: Re: Need postfix/sendmail for imapd?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/10/2003 02:11:39
On 9 Aug 2003 18:50:00 -0500, Giles Lean wrote:

> James K. Lowden wrote:
>
>> Mail is being delivered to oak in /var/mail/username.  I don't think imapd
>> looks there; I think it wants to see mail in $HOME/Mail.
>
> Someeone familiar with imapd will have to help you there; I would
> expect that it can be configured to look in the standard place.
> Otherwise it would be very hard to have some users using IMAP and
> some using local mail user agents.

I'm certainly no expert, but the imap-uw installs I've done all
come up this way. With imap clients, you can retrieve new mail as
it drops into /var/mail/username and can then move it to your home
mail folders if you wish, pretty closely matching what local mua's
do.

Or have I completely missed the boat here?